This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 2/1/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Are you an experienced, dynamic cartographer who wants to help build the Living Atlas of the World* The Living Atlas is the online GIS of the world, widely used across the ArcGIS platform. You will create stunning new designs and publish cutting-edge online maps and layers that support a broad array of uses, ranging from online information products to traditional desktop GIS and spatial analysis. You will tackle data collection and visualization challenges to produce innovative online services that will become the foundation for web GIS. You will also produce maps on many topics including urban systems, landscape, marine, demographics/lifestyles, basemaps, transportation, and Earth observations. These maps--your maps--will inspire, provide answers to questions on important issues, and establish best practices in cartography to the GIS mapping community.
* Work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement beautiful maps
* Provide online, digital, and printed maps for inclusion in a wide array of content products as web maps, apps, books, marketing material, or custom graphics
* Document and share best practices, tips, and success stories in blogs and online learning lessons
* Minimum of five years of professional experience designing and implementing small- and large-scale digital maps with ArcGIS
* A passion for geographic knowledge
* Familiarity with international cartographic conventions
* Portfolio of online mapping experience with a variety of spatial datasets including street networks, land use, land cover and vegetation, business/points of interest, buildings, transit systems, hydrological networks, elevation/terrain, and imagery
* Geodatabase experience that includes data modeling and data loading in a production environment
* Ability to design workflows and track progress and decisions accurately and efficiently
* Experience specifying intellectual property uses and limitations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor s in geography, cartography, or GIS-related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
* Share this job on your social network! | More
Go back to the welcome page