Case Care Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 24645-58242
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Care Coordinator serves as the primary liaison with the case management team, which may include physicians, RN's, therapists and clinical staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
2. Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record.
3. Enters patient registration information into the computer system for billing purposes.
4. Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties.
5. Maintains and follows office scheduling policies and schedules studies, surgery and/or procedures.
6. Answers phone, screens calls, takes messages, and offers information.
7. Files charts, coordinates lab work, reviews encounter forms for accuracy.
8. May write orders and process authorizations for physical therapy, braces, medications, imaging and/or injections.
9. Obtains referrals for clinic visits from referring physicians and preauthorizations for studies and/or surgery from insurance companies.
10. Sends educational materials to patients in preparation for studies and/or surgery.
11. Prepares daily charge slips, deposits, and logs, according to policy.
12. Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other correspondence.
13. Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
14. Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
15. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
* Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
* Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
* Ability to provide responsive, compassionate customer service.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
* Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* One year of experience is preferred in a medical office setting, either as an MA or surgery scheduler.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 08/30/2016