Case Manager 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Case Manager is responsible for assisting with the reunification of shelter residents with their families throughout the United States. The shelter residents are Spanish speaking children ages 13-17. Works under direct supervision on assignments that are moderately difficult; using judgment within limits of standard practice. CHSi is proud to offer this work in support of an important government contract, offering full-time schedules at this site for a period of Approximately 90 days. Multiple positions are needed to fill a variety of shifts, so if you would like to partner with us on this important work, please submit your interest!
* Bachelor s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science is preferred; but, will consider candidates with a Bachelor's degree and relevant experience
* Bilingual in Spanish and English-Oral, Written and Reading
* Must be 21 years of age
* Experience with case management for children or adolescents
* Clean criminal background check
* Coordinate case management and family reunification services for children, mostly ages 13-17
* Initiate and maintain direct contact with each child and the child s family while the child is in shelter care in order to efficiently advance the child s family reunification and release the child from the facility
* Identify potential family members or other sponsors for reunification
* Facilitate the timely release or discharge of children to family members or other authorized caregivers and document the provision of services in each child s case file.
* Support family members or other sponsors to assist them with understanding the process and the child s needs.
* Assist with assessments of each child s needs
* Assist with writing the Individual Service Plan for each child
* Report significant incidents according to policies and procedures
* Maintain case file and Database according to policies and procedures
* Work closely with counselors and Care Coordinators
* Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.