Case Manager - Hospice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Frederick Memorial Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: Hospice Registered Nurse/Case Manager
Provides skilled professional nursing care to the patient as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations as established by the State Board of Nursing and department policies. The RN/Case Manager coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for the patient and family to assure continuity of care. Services may be provided to neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland.
* Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
* Minimum 2years nursing experiencerequired with Hospice, medical, surgical, critical care or home health experience.
* Experience providing pain management, IV skills preferred.
* Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care/contact for patients in various age groups.
* Ability to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/department's policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates clinical competency in area of practice and understand Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
* Must be licensed driver with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
* Excellent observation, assessment, organizational and communication skills, and good nursing judgement.
* Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
* Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling professional obligations with ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
* Demonstrates ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families.
* Interacts in a calm, courteous and professional manner