Case Manager -60589
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Case Manager (60589)
Behavioral Medicine & Psychiatry
October 17, 2014
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field required.
One year of experience in Social Work required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Current West Virginia Social Work licensure preferred.
This position will combine and utilize professional skills and expertise in the area of case management of patient care in the outpatient clinic providing support for the physicians, other therapists and staff to be able to serve their patients in an efficent manner. This position will be responsible for handling crisis that arise for patients daily and interfacing between the patients, families and providers within the department. Duties will include the responsibility for screening internal and external referrals and making appropriate placement of patients given the needs of the patients. Other duties include data collection, entry, and monitoring a patient s progress throughout the many levels of care in this facility. The case manager must be knowledgeable and able to access different outpatient and community support systems to grant patients access to different types of services, ie patient assistance programs, Medicaid, and welfare services. This position requires the ability to be able to work closely with patients, families, physicians, psychologists, social workers and other members of the treatment team to develop individual and departmental treatment goals. Must be knowledgeable and able to access many different types of services. Assesses and treat individuals with behavioral health and mental illnesses .
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Crisis Intervention
* Refill requests
* Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse.
* Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient's diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
* Participate in multi-disciplinary health care teams.
* Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
* Arrange, procure, and coordinate patient/family pre and post hospital needs.
* Knowledge of hospital, medical center and/or health system resources to access and provide for patient care needs.
* Document assessment, plan, interactions, and interventions according to departmental, hospital and/or health system guidelines and standards.
* Assisting in obtaining prior authorizations from third party carriers.
* Working with the CRC Inpatient units in securing beds for admission.
* Preparing or assisting in the preparation of discharge letters.
* Maintaining and updating group listings.
* Scheduling of MRI s, PET s, etc.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a normal office environment. There exists the potential for exposure to infectious disease.