Case Manager, RN-32 HR w/ weekend Rotation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/27/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Case Manager, as a member of the health care team, collaborates to enhance the delivery of patient care services along the continuum of care. The Case Manager meets patients needs efficiently and expeditiously by continuously improving the patients experience, helping to ensure the institutional standards of high quality patient care, reducing cost and ensuring reimbursement. Through broad knowledge of clinical care and systems management, the case manager evaluates, predicts, and facilitates the trajectory of patient care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures the timely implementation of the plan of care.
* Ensures that all elements critical to the plan and trajectory of care have been communicated to the patient/family and members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Documents in the medical record as appropriate, as part of the Interdisciplinary team in accordance with the MGH Case Management Documentation guidelines.
* Utilize a translator when appropriate and incorporate awareness of patients cultural needs that may impact the plan of care.
* Monitors the patients progress, intervening as necessary and appropriate to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused and friendly, high quality, efficient, and cost effective.
* Identifies patients/families with complex psychosocial and non-medical discharge planning issues, refers to Social Services Department.
* Assesses patient/family continuing care needs in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team in the review/revision of the therapeutic plan to expedite and arrange non acute care.
* In collaboration with multidisciplinary team, monitors the patients progress and plan of care with the aid of internal and external utilization and quality guidelines. Identifies, documents, and reports issues and system barriers.
* Complies with Case Management Standards of Practice, based on assignment.
* Evaluates, coordinates, manages and documents all activities related to clinical approval/denial processes and communicates relevant information to patients/families, members of the multidisciplinary team, hospital departments, and payers.
* Coverage on weekends and holidays as per Case Management policy.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
RN with current license to practice in Massachusetts.
* Minimum five years Medical /Surgical experience, three of which must be related.
* Acute hospital experience preferred.
* Strong assessment and problem solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Goal oriented and accountable.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a complex setting.
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team based environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Computer experience required.
* CM Certification desirable
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.