Case Manager RN, Hospice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
The Hospice RN provides skilled nursing assignments, planning, and interventions for terminally ill adults. They participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled. They ensure nursing care is provided based on the initial and ongoing assessment of the patient's needs and are provided in accordance with the Hospice IDG Plan of Care. They assume primary responsibility for a patient/family caseload. The Hospice RN supports the patient's unique spiritual and cultural beliefs in an effort to maintain the patient's dignity. They are a participating active member of the Hospice IDG.
** $7,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
- Must have a current license to practice as an RN in the State of Louisiana.
- Degree in nursing required from an accredited school of nursing.
- Requires at least two (2) years experience as a registered nurse. Prefer that one of these years shall consist of full-time experience in providing direct patient care in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting.
- CPR Certification is required
- Must have a current Louisiana Driver's License, Automobile Liability Insurance and dependable transportation.
- Must demonstrate effective time management skills; legible handwriting; critical thinking skills; professional appearance and conduct; medical-surgical nursing skills; be able to practice independently; strong assessment skills; teaching ability; flexibility; and the ability to read maps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must work well with all levels of Associates; must be able to remain calm in the face of irate clients.
- Must be able to use a computer, to include computer software programs Microsoft Word, Excel and similar programs.