Case Manager RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Orange Park, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01310-6904
Days (rotating weekends)
Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and its surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
The role of the Case Manager is to facilitate optimum patient outcomes through a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet an individual s health needs using communication and available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes through a full continuum of care. The Case Manager identifies opportunities for improvements in patient care. The Case Manager provides documentation of all functions as required by the regulatory agencies.
* Responds to supervisor & CFO requests for information & assistance in a cooperative manner & within appropriate time frame and comes prepared to weekly self-pay meeting.
* Gives list of anticipated discharge patients to the Charge Nurse daily at the end of every work day.
* Documents patient s admission status in Support Services.
* Documents discharge disposition in Midas on the day of discharge.
* Places frequent updates on the Observation Tracker, throughout the day
* Reviews written monthly policies & procedures and acknowledges understanding by sending a read receipt message to the Office Coordinator.
* Accurately performs admission certification of medical necessity within 24-36 hours of patient admission.
* After following the assessment of the patient the Case Manager will make appropriate referral to the Social Worker.
Education: Bachelor Degree; Human Services Related Field
Certifications: None Required.
Experience: None Required. Previous public relation experience preferred.
Last Edited: 06/14/2016