Case Manager RN PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00092-3227
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) is a full service hospital available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week servicing Canyon County, Idaho and surrounding communities. WVMC consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. Our expertly trained staff and board certified physicians are focused on treating everyone like family. Some of our key services include: cardiology, emergency care, ear/nose/throat, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics, behavioral health, radiology/imaging, urology, maternity, women s services. If you are looking for a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care, this is the right hospital for you. You can apply your training and skills in a professional atmosphere where they will be valued. You will be part of a community hospital where your contributions are appreciated and your voice is heard where work force diversity is encouraged and personal growth is supported.
RN CASE MANAGER:
Responsible for management and coordination of resources for the achievement of maximal clinical and financial patient outcomes for assigned case loads.
* Identifies and coordinates available human and fiscal resources for providing patient care along the continuum with care teams as outlined in plans of care, clinical pathways, standards of care and unit policies and procedures. Specific interventions are based on current research and current patient outcome data.
* Acts as a patient advocate to ensure appropriate provision of patient care. Empowers the patient or those involved in the patient's care to access the health care system in order for the patient to achieve an optimal level of living.
* Plans, delivers, monitors and evaluates client care. Integrates factors related to quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Integrates patient outcome, clinical indicator and quality data into clinical decision-making.
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources by keeping a current, comprehensive community resource manual. Maintains personal knowledge of programs, services and equipment available to assist patients and their family members or care givers.
* Maintain current knowledge of community resources and associated legal processes that impact the discharge planning process, such as, but not limited to adult and child abuse reporting, guardianship laws and procedures, and protective custody laws.
* Seeks appropriate resources and consultation to help formulate ethical decisions. Consults in-house resources such as the Ethics Committee and other community resources as needed.
* Participates in the development and/or update of pathways and policies and procedures to reflect current professional practice.
Education: Associate degree in nursing required. Bachelor s degree preferred.
Licensure: Current Idaho RN license or RN Compact license required.
Certification or Registration Case management/utilization management certification preferred. BLS required.
Experience: Minimum three years acute Med/Surg. or comparable clinical experience. One year experience as a case manager or care coordinator preferred.
Work rotating weekends and vacation coverage. Work as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Strong interpersonal and group skills, computer skills including knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet applications, experience with TJC and other regulatory compliance standards, knowledge and
experience with performance improvement activities.
Last Edited: 06/09/2016