RN Case Manager - Weekends Only
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 02270-6420
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 340-bed facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
Join us as we strive to achieve our Mission Statement:
MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
*This is a Part Time Weekend Only position.* The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager works with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team to develop a plan for each patient from admission to discharge. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
* Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
* Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
* Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress and discharge planning needs.
* Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
* Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal denials received from payers.
* Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social needs of the patient.
* Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to patients and family members.
* Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
* Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement activities.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Current licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
* CCM preferred
* Minimum 2 years of Acute Care case manager experience
* Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payer specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines.
* Assertive and persuasive communication skills, action oriented.
Last Edited: 11/03/2016