Case Manager - Registered Nurse (PRN) 9/13/2016
Port Charlotte, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01371-5396
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 238 bed size facility serving Charlotte County in Port Charlotte, Florida. Fawcett Memorial Hospital and its medical staff represent a broad range of services in many different medical, surgical, diagnostic and rehabilitation specialties. Fawcett is accredited by the Joint Commission and many of our programs have additional recognition by other national certifying agencies. The facility is part of the HCA West Florida Hospital division, which is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery, and diagnostic imaging facilities that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West Florida communities. Last year the HCA West Florida Division treated approximately 1 million patients. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation s leading provider of healthcare services operating 163 hospitals and 112 outpatient centers nationwide.
The RN Case Manger will facilitate the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity, admission status, level of care, and resource management. The RN Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The RN Case Manager will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes and will facilitate appropriate discharge plans.
* RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
* Three years nursing ICU, ER, or OR experience in acute care setting. Case Management experience preferred.
* Certification in Case Management preferred
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Last Edited: 03/10/2016