Case Manager - Registered Nurse RN (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: INT-01385-7205
Serving the community since 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility, offering a full range of services, including but not limited to: Interventional stroke and neurologic care, full-service orthopedic and spine treatment , a 24-hour emergency department, and preventative and corrective cardiac care-General surgery.
As the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community.
The RN Case Manager provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and is discharged to the least restrictive environment. Coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care. Coordinate the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning. Adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
* RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
* Three years of recent nursing experience in acute care setting. Case Management experience required.
* Certification in Case Management preferred
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Last Edited: 04/11/2016