Case Manager - Registered Nurse RN (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01147-3217
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker s Hospital Review.
The RN Case Manger will facilitate the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity, admission status, level of care, and resource management. The RN Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The RN Case Manager will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes and will facilitate appropriate discharge plans.
* RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
* Three years of recent nursing experience in acute care setting, hospital based case management experience required.
* Certification in Case Management preferred
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Last Edited: 08/15/2016