Case Manager - Registered Nurse RN (PRN) 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26535-3767
For more than 30 years, Tampa Community Hospital has served northwest Hillsborough and northeast Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. The 201-bed hospital is committed to providing high-quality healthcare with a focus on customer service and offers amenities that include all private rooms and room service. With a team of 500 dedicated employees and more than 300 physicians on staff, the hospital is equipped with the expertise and technology to provide a wide array of health services.
The RN Case Manager provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and is discharged to the least restrictive environment. Coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care. Coordinate the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning. Adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
* RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
* Three years of recent nursing experience in case management within acute care hospital setting
* Certification in Case Management preferred
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Last Edited: 08/10/2016