This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 6/14/2017
Thousand Oaks, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00048-7378
Days (rotating weekends)
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level III Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating.
In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
Proactively coordinates and implements all aspects of the Case Management program. The overall goals of the position and department include, but are not necessarily limited to assuring quality outcomes by:
Promoting efficiency of care & appropriate utilization of resources.
Assisting with patient flow through the continuum of care.
Identifying patient continuum of care needs and assuring these needs are met.
Ensuring patient satisfaction.
Promoting optimal ALOS.
Obtaining optimal reimbursement for the Hospital.
Promoting positive relations with all continuum of care providers including but not limited to Physicians; Health plans; Payors; Patients / families; healthcare team and all other customers.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* Current CA RN license.
* Minimum 3 years acute care experience (Medical-Surgical, ICU or ED preferred);
* Prefer experience as a case manager, UR nurse or a discharge planner.
* Ability to be tactfully assertive / proactive in accomplishing job functions.
* Ability to work independently and responsibly without direct supervision.
* Ability to interact effectively with medical staff, hospital personnel, patients / families (interpersonal skills that reflect a positive attitude and a sense of commitment
* Ability to develop positive relationships with outside post acute care agencies such as SNFs or ECFs as well as with private insurance companies, HSAG and CMS.
* Ability to identify problems, analyze feasible solutions and implement problem Resolution.
* Ability to deal with stressful situations and multiple tasks.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 11/18/2016