Case Picker I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Picks customer orders in the form of case quantities, and labels products appropriately with the pick tickets and shipping (UPS) tracking labels. Verifies product information on location labels and pick tickets to maintain high accuracy. Loads products to the conveyor or to the loading operation, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Receives and logs out batches of pick tickets, corresponding to customer orders. Picks customer orders in the form of case quantities, and labels products appropriately with the pick tickets and shipping (UPS) tracking labels. Loads products to the conveyor or to the loading operation as appropriate. Verifies product information on location labels and picks tickets to maintain high accuracy. Responsible for maintaining daily individual production records, which are reviewed by the supervisor, by writing down the time particular tasks are performed.
* Disposes of empty boxes and packaging appropriately to maintain safe and clean working conditions.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Good reading, writing, math and skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status..