Cash Analyst, Part Time - Medical Center Accounting (ANL 2) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Cash Analyst, Part Time - Medical Center Accounting (ANL 2)
Professional Support Staff
25.2 ; 63%
Medical Cntr Accounting
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under the supervision of the Medical Center Cash Accounting Supervisor and the general direction of the Medical Center Assistant Controller and Controller the Cash Analyst prepares cash related and other journal entries and Balance sheet reconciliations as needed for the Medical Center. Works with various Health System Departments to resolve mainly receivable and disbursement issues. Requires the use of various Banking and Credit Card portals and financial systems.
This position contributes to all aspects of cash compliance and controls. In addition this position will work with members of the cash group to provide services for (200+) credit card machines/accounts and other credit card account types and provide support for Banking and Deposit functions for the Medical Center. This position will oversee the Medical Center Unclaimed checks program and will be assigned special projects and other tasks as requested by the Medical Center Accounting/Supervisory Staff.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Three years experience in Accounting or Financial Analysis
* One year experience with ERP software such as PeopleSoft Financials
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related area
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite especially Microsoft Excel
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and research skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient interpersonal skills; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; and ability to multi task and organizational skills
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to work in a team environment and with a diverse team
* Ability to meet deadlines especially involving the monthly and yearly close
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Good Knowledge and understanding of Internal Controls especially as it relates to the Cash Management and Healthcare environment
* Experience working with EPIC billing systems
* One year plus healthcare experience
* Experience working with Treasury and Credit Card functions
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page