Cash Applications Processor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cash Applications Processor based at our location in Independence, OH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward?
As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Cash Applications Processor - Specialty Groups is responsible for researching and resolving open payments to customer accounts and performing analysis of payment histories at the North Division BSC. In addition, this role will conduct research for unidentified accounts and/or contact customer accounts; maintain all related customer spreadsheets and support documentation; as well as participate in special department projects/initiatives as they arise. This position will have regular interaction with the Division and Regional Finance teams, other key personnel, branches, plants and sales associates along with external customers and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Research and resolve aged open payments and credits on customer accounts using a variety of reports, documents and on-line data systems.
* Utilize various search tools to research and locate checks, remittances, and other appropriate information requested
* Perform analysis of customer payment history.
* Validate and research application requests to determine if they are appropriate
* Contact requestors when a request submitted does not have all valid information needed to be completed and applied
* Identify misapplied funds, reverse those postings and reapplication of checks, ACH or wires when needed
* Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and supporting documentation related to research completed on customer accounts
* Escalate issues and errors to management, as necessary.
* Develop relationships and gain understanding the areas of customer service, cash applications, and credit and collections in order to better facilitate necessary transactions
* Work along-side the lockbox appliers on unapplied cash or open funds on account to determine the best resolution
* Other projects or duties as assigned by dept. supervisor/manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* High School Diploma/GED required. Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
* Minimum of two years of prior experience in Cash Applications or Accounts Receivable related positions. *Advanced education/degree may substitute for experience requirements.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within SAP. Prior SAP experience a plus.
* Ability to train new employees and to answer questions from staff regarding complex cash application procedures and issues. Including having the ability to adjust to others needs and learning styles.
* Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external.
* Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgement as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
* A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability