Cash Applications Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Cash Applications Specialist is part of a team of finance specialist who ensure that customer payments flow smoothly through the customer accounting systems.
* Assures the timely and accurate application of customer payments.
* Monitors internal ERP applications (i.e. SAP, Great Plains) to ensure that batch processes related to the payment lockbox, auto tolerance, imaging, case creation, and the creation of a deductions worklist occur as scheduled.
* Assists with the reconciliation of cash related general ledger accounts
* Communicates impact of customer payment issues and their potential impact on subsequent credit and collection decisions to internal stakeholders (i.e. Sales Reps, Credit Analyst, Customer Service Rep) and assists them as needed to help drive resolution.
* Completion of other special projects as assigned. The individual in this role may be asked to become a department SME on the issues of electronic payments and EDI invoicing.
Skills & Experience
* High School Diploma
* 1-3 years in a Finance or Accounting role.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* General business acumen with prior exposure to areas of Finance, Credit, or Accounting
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Ability to learn new tasks quickly; demonstrate flexibility when presented with change
* Self-starter. Able to work independently.
* Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent Experience
* Prior direct experience in cash applications or payment disputes.
* Prior experience in Agribusiness, Food, CPG industries
* Prior experience with SAP, Great Plains or equivalent ERP system
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.