Cash Receipts Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
**Please note - This is a temporary position until December 2016. **
Cash Receipts Accountant - Contractor
The CASH RECEIPTS ACCOUNTANT performs cash receipts functions within the Client AR department while consistently adhering to AMN s mission and vision statement.
JOB TASKS: * Accurately processes cash receipts received via lockbox, mail, direct deposits, and wires in Great Plains, Peoplesoft, or Metro within applicable deadlines; ensuring that the daily deposit preparations are completed by the established deadlines.
* Ensures all checks from departments within AMN (Housing, H/R, TAR, Legal and A/P) are received, coded, and entered into Great Plains in the established deadlines; working collaboratively with Billing, A/R, H/R, Cash Management, A/P, Corporate Accounting and other departments to resolve issues.
* Accurately and in a timely manner enters write-offs, adjustments and debit/credit memos into Great Plains, Peoplesoft, and Metro.
* Cultivates an effective working relationship with the Client AR Team through strong communication skills; ensuring the proper research and support is obtained from the Client AR Representative in order to accurately process Cash Receipts in Great Plains, Peoplesoft and Metro.
* Creates, runs and manipulates reports in Great Plains, Peoplesoft and Metro to ensure open payments and debit/credits are created and/or addressed in a timely manner.
* Contributes to meet the Cash Team's requirements for Payment Applications and electonic storing of cash batches.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: * High School Diploma or GED certificate required
PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: * College Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: * One year in accounting or cash receipts role
Respect * Passion * Continuous Improvement * Trust * Customer Focus * Innovation
AMN HEALTHCARE IS AN EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
WE ENCOURAGE MINORITY AND FEMALE APPLICANTS TO APPLY
We value professionalism in everything we do this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.