This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The employee works as a cashier in Houston Methodist Hospital and is responsible for large amounts of cash, each shift, including an operating bank. Prepares cashier's report and deposits revenues as per Cash Handling Procedures. Assists in the food service area and dining room.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values.
2) Follows all Cash Handling Procedures.
3) Handles customer s complaints.
4) Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
5) Practices cost control through proper use of supplies and equipment.
6) Performs other job related duties as assigned.
7) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly are corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding and hazards identified in the work place.
High School diploma or GED equivalent
1 year experience on an electronic cash register and changer in a volume food service establishment or other equivalent situation.
Capable of using simple math and operating a 10-key calculator.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Physically able to sit/stand for 8 hour shifts. Operates potentially hazardous equipment. Must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.