Casual A&P Mechanic (On-Call as Needed) - MIA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: Casual A&P Mechanic (On-Call as Needed)
Required Education: HS Diploma/GED
Travel Required: Yes
Experience Required: 2 years
Location: Miami, FL
What you will do:
Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, modifications and other line maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in accordance with specified manuals, procedures and FAA regulations; communicate with all departments within the company, to include AFC and the airport authority at the station applying for; travel for station coverage, training and other maintenance support: work outside in all types of weather; required to wear a pager and be on-call; assist Airport Planning/Properties with property and environmental issues; maintain station manuals, parts and tooling inventory; as needed aircraft deicing, snow removal, GSE maintenance, PMI work; perform other duties as assigned.
What you need:
* Must have HSD/GED;
* A & P License;
* ability to pass a motor vehicle background check;
* 2 years experience in all phases of commercial transport aircraft;
* ability to independently troubleshoot aircraft systems; aircraft systems and technical knowledge, concentrating on aircraft type at the station applying for;
* ability to interpret wiring diagrams and evaluate structural damage;
* ability to work unsupervised;
* good interpersonal skills, communication written and verbal;
* self motivation, integrity, cooperation, professionalism and leadership;
* ability to travel on company aircraft as required;
* ability to stoop, bend, manipulate tools in small spaces;
* work in adverse/outdoor conditions;
* wear respirator/safety protective equipment as indicated;
* lift objects weighing various amounts up to 75 lbs.;
* perform work at heights up to 60 ft.
* Prefer 6 years experience in all phases of commercial transport aircraft;
* 2 years hands-on line maintenance experience on type aircraft operated by ABX;
* previous experience as line maintenance representative.
* 757 or 767 experience