Category Finance Sr. Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Report to: Category Finance Manager
This position works with all Americas/EMEA product category finance leaders in performing a wide variety of cross category financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and business support activities. This position is a key contributor to the month end category and product line reporting and analysis processes. The employee also serves as the control and coordination point for on-going category/project operating expense reporting, analysis and forecasting activities. Additionally, this person may also serve as the lead financial analyst and financial support on a variety of product development and launch projects. Cross category support of several annual planning and budgeting processes are also included in the duties of this position.
Skills and Requirements
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or Finance required
* 3-4 years applicable experience required
* MBA strongly preferred
* Financial Analysis - Ability to assimilate and consolidate complex financial information around product development projects into a meaningful financial analysis and project recommendation. Ability to analyze various projects and draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations based upon business and financial facts/information.
* Time management and organizational skills - Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and activities, often times in the face of extreme time deadlines. Ability to streamline and refine processes in order to take advantage of best practices across all product categories.
* Problem solving skills - Listens carefully; probes to understand other's point of view; identifies and validates facts underlying business issues and product development projects order to drive for the best business decision for Steelcase. Can tactfully manage confrontation within project teams, while preserving positive working relationships.
* Judgement - Can independently make decisions based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding a particular issue and execute plans accordingly.
* Communication skills - Expresses thoughts clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing. Tailors communications to various audiences ranging from project teams to executives. Listens well and effectively contributes to project teams. Make technical points understandable to non-technical audiences. Exercises highest degree of confidentially in all areas of work
* Superior computer skills. Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, SAP Finance/Business Warehouse and legacy cost system.