This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
At Stanley Black & Decker (SBD), one of the world s fastest growing and most dynamic companies, we seek the best in the industry to join our team. Currently, our Global Tools and Storage division is searching for a Category Manager to service our Walmart partner in Bentonville, AR.
The Category Manager is responsible for:
* Optimizing sales within the category through solid assortment and promotional recommendations based on corporate initiatives and directives
* Complete line review of category from macro to micro. based on category knowledge (customer specific and over-all market) based on solid analytical metrics
* Recommending assortments that meet the expectations of the customer
* Developing long term plan and strategy to develop the category
* Provide insight on current performance
* Recommend items for addition and deletion, based on reviewed metrics and category direction, to include assessment of category breadth and depth in accordance with account defined customer and expectations
* Drawing of modular(s) in Pro Space
* Creating YOY Financial Walk, accounting for: modular changes in items and linear runs, economic impacts, weather impacts, new stores and store closures
* Assigning a reliable figure to various factors that make-up the financial changes year over year
* Understand market trends/insights within the competitive landscape and provide recommendations/directions.
The successful candidate for this position must:
* Possess a four (4) Year Bachelor s Degree
* 4+ years of Category Management experience is preferred
* Proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Pro Space (knowledge in Access is a plus)
* Strong analytical background with understanding of financial metrics and impacts
* Have a strong market understanding as well as associated trends (this includes but not limited to: market share by brand/ retailer, impact of current market conditions, future growth/ declining segments, and over-all market insight and impacts thereof).
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.