This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Carlisle Group is pleased to partner exclusively with a leading retail distributor that has been family owned and operated for nearly 100 years in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area. Our client is creating new Category Manager roles to support purchasing, sales, and marketing strategies and best practices.
* Demonstrate the ability to deliver category management, sourcing strategies, sales and marketing
* Support director in supplier negotiations, developing and negotiating strategies and managing ongoing supplier relationships
* Coordinate with organizations to ensure alignment of procurement, sales promote company's value proposition to vendors
* Increase company market share with assigned vendors
* Develops and executes category business plans across key categories
* Defines requirements for resources necessary to achieve those KPI objectives
* Manage product assortment, profitability, sourcing and sales activities for assigned categories
* Optimize product assortment, pricing, promotion and training in different markets
* Develop selling strategies based on company's competitive and success elements
* Develop and execute category plans to meet revenue goals.
* Implement monthly promotional strategies to achieve sales goals.
* Negotiate price changes with vendors and inform the changes to relevant departments of the organization.
* Analyze customer requirements and develop product promotions to drive sales.
* Stay updated on industry and market trends.
* Attend industry events and trade shows as requested.
* Work collaboratively with marketing managers, sales, and others throughout the organization to ensure successful integration and leverage of new product programs.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent in experience required in Category Management, Insights and Sales Strategy, and leading teams
* Minimum 5 years of relevant and technical experience, preferably with significant exposure to IT, or relevant degree
* Substantial purchasing experience at a senior and strategic level, preferably in the area of large and complex Information Technology solutions
* Strong background in procurement, marketing, or sales
* Relevant professional qualifications a significant advantage
* Strong analytical/data interpretation, Problem Solving, Strategic Influencing, and cross-functional leadership
* A change agent who possesses a creative thought process to tackle old and emerging issues with a fresh, new approach
* Strategic approach to solving business issues or uncovering opportunities
* Strong leadership, change management and stakeholder management skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to effectively and credibly manage relationship with technical and non-technical personnel at multiple organization levels;
* Team-orientation with proven track record of working in highly cross-functional and complex environments;
* Ability to drive innovation, initiate continuous improvement and be a recognized change champion
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Web based applications
* Must be able to prioritize and organize information
* Strong attention to detail