Category Manager Operations / Freight & Logistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX is currently hiring for a CATEGORY MANAGER supporting Operations, including our Worldwide Freight and Logistics team This is an exciting opportunity to drive category management activities for a global leader in innovative diagnostics and technologies for better veterinary care and safer food and water.
At IDEXX, the Category Manager is responsible for their assigned spend categories, including the associated suppliers, internal stakeholders and the sourcing strategy. Candidate must display leadership and be proficient at project management to drive sourcing initiatives which have a significant financial impact for specific functional/operational areas or specific spend categories. In addition, this role delivers value-added category management activities which include strategic sourcing, client stakeholder management, supplier performance / risk management, supply market monitoring, continuous improvement and ongoing cost reductions, supplier review and issue resolution.
* Create and implement the Operations / Freight & Logistics category and supplier management strategies including sourcing and supplier base management
* Support strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership
* Display expert knowledge of key global industry players, competitors and dynamics
* Collaborate internally and with suppliers to develop innovative solutions
* Drive improvements & compliance of procurement processes
* Deliver cost savings, supplier rationalization & increase of spend under contract according to strategy
* Develop involvement with key stakeholders when implementing strategy, communicating results and targets and being a proactive business partner
* Drive changes with key global industry players, competitors and dynamics resulting in positive impact to IDEXX.
* Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness
* Develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance improvement
Sourcing Project Management:
* Leverage program and project management tools and techniques
* Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
* Efficiently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes
* Provide oversight, guidance and drive execution of project plans
Leadership and Teamwork:
* Successfully motivate and collaborate within their team and across their peer group, and director level and above
* Lead cross functional teams, mentor and develop others
* Demonstrated leadership and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills
* Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Member of ISM with a C.P.M. or A.P.I.C.S. C.P.M. certification preferred.
* Training and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma practices,
* Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated track record in developing and advancing category sourcing strategies that support key business objectives and result in significant cost savings and process improvements within the Operations category. Parcel and 3PL contract negotiation experience preferred but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to lead a structured, strategic sourcing process with a history of process utilization.
* Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
* Analytical: Advanced analytical skills. Supply both quantitative and financial analysis.
* Procurement: Advanced knowledge of global market analysis, macro-economic drivers, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management, should-cost models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives
* Negotiation: Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating complex deals
* Supplier Management: Ability to manage supplier value and drive continuous improvement
* Legal: Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
* Ethics: Knowledge of business ethics and ethical sourcing requirements
* Influence: Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams in a highly matrixed organization
* Communication: Exceptional communication both written and oral
* Systems: Knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and others
* Some international and North American travel required.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!