Category Manager - Power Tools
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker Corporation (SBD) is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. As part of SBD, Mac Tools is one of the world s most recognized and trusted brands in the professional automotive tool industry. From hand tools, power tools, electronics, tool boxes and specialty items; Mac Tools offers a full range of products. Mac Tools defines quality, selection and value for professional technicians and the network of mobile tool Franchisees by offering professional tools, innovative solutions and providing world-class support to ensure their success. At Mac Tools, we strive to be Great To Work WithTM.
What do you envision for your future* At Stanley Black & Decker, our vision is for Mac Tools to be the brand of choice for technicians working in the vehicle repair industry and to be the Franchise of choice for entrepreneurs looking to purchase a business to Be Their Own Boss . As part of SBD s Global Tools & Storage business, we have set a course to take significant market share by bringing the strength of the world s largest tool company and our stable of brands to provide best in class products, innovation and productivity solutions.
We believe we can make this happen and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.
The category manager is responsible for developing and communicating an overall sales and marketing strategy for the Power Tools category to ensure targets are delivered on topline sales, operating margin, forecast accuracy and inventory. This particular position acts as the channel manager for all DeWalt products within the Mac Tools channel and coordinates with the Power Tools product team to forecast product launches and minimize disruption in the automotive channel. This position also works closely with marketing communications, field sales and operations to build and execute a promotional plan (flyers, Field Excellence Meetings, Tool Fair, weekly specials, close-outs, etc.) as the primary sales driver for their category. The Category Manager will coordinate with Supply Chain to ensure product availability via accurate forecasting, as well as with the Sales Department to ensure product and promotion desirability. This position coordinates the deliverables of sales samples and prototypes for promotional activities and training. This position will also help provide content on selling tips for our Franchisees/Distributors and Field Sales through our content management system that feeds our marketing vehicles. This role will be responsible for working with the Product Managers to ensure effective new product launches are executed to maximize new product sales prior to being featured in promotional vehicles. This position ensures their marketing plans reinforce the overall Mac Tools mission and marketing strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
* Participates in strategic planning sessions with Sales and Product Teams to drive promotional effectiveness (measured by revenue, margin, and forecasting accuracy)
* Develops and maintains a repeatable/sustainable process for planning and compiling promotional flyers
* Performs final validation and review to ensure that all product elements are entered into the system before promotions execute
* Coordinates product availability with Demand, Supply and Sales teams in conjunction with flyer rollout and sales meeting dates
* Coordinates category needs and supports vendor activities for bi-annual trade shows
* Works with the Product Manager to reduce pricing conflict both within the automotive channel and between industrial and automotive channels
* Develops promotions and maintains database that will help sell through the product to the end customer. Part of this is accomplished through maximizing the collateral effectiveness of our promotional vehicles and sell sheets
* Spends time in the field to better understand end-user and distributor needs and the effectiveness of the collateral material
* Maintain the pricing strategy and product line of DEWALT products within the MAC Channel (loading, discontinuing, pricing and forecasting, etc.)
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Superior relationship building capabilities with cross-functional teams are essential
* Superb time management, organization, and project management skills are essential
* Good foundation in sales and marketing methodologies, specifically in promotional tactics, is necessary (creative)
* Prior sales and/or marketing experience in mobile tool industry is strongly preferred
* Proven ability to lead and provide direction
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required
* Familiarity and experience with marketing content/product information databases
* Bachelor s Degree in Marketing or Business is strongly preferred
* Experience working with a franchise business model is preferred
* Strong strategic, analytical and finance skills is essential
* Direct field sales experience is strongly preferred
* Product development background is a plus
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.