Category Manager - Services- GER01945
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The primary function of this position is to coordinate and manage the strategic procurement process for assigned categories to ensure the cost-effective acquisition of goods and services for Gerdau North America.
These activities include but are not limited to the development and execution of procurement strategies, bid process and negotiations, team-based supplier selection and development, and contract management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main objective for the Category Manager is to effectively manage the strategic procurement process by developing effective supply programs that decrease total cost of ownership.
* The Category Manager is responsible for developing sourcing strategies, leading the competitive bid and supplier selection process, negotiating with suppliers and managing supplier relationships, including contract development and administration.
* The Category Manager carries out company policies regarding procurement practices, standards, and ethical conduct to ensure the fair, effective, and competitive sourcing of goods and services throughout the operating units.
* Continuous contact with field personnel, operations management and suppliers is required to ensure a high standard of professional practices and results, and to optimize the acquisition process and achievement of financial objectives.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* 5-7 years of procurement or equivalent experience in an industrial/manufacturing procurement role (non-tactical).
* Four year degree from an accredited college or university (preferred Business/Engineering degree).
* Project management experience.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams.
* Knowledgeable in contemporary procurement processes.
* Experience with strategic negotiations, performance management and contracting.
* Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills that enable effective interaction with all levels of corporate and local management.
* Strong analytical and computer skills (MS Office Suite).
* 10+ years of procurement or equivalent experience in an industrial/manufacturing procurement role (non-tactical).
* Professional Certification in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
* MBA from an accredited college or university.
* Industrial/Manufacturing procurement experience.
* Experience in global sourcing initiatives.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
* Experience with SAP.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.