This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The Category Manager provides a specific class of trade expertise in merchandising, assortment, pricing and promotion. This person will develop insight and category recommendations that will facilitate growth for retailers and BIC. They are responsible for supporting the sales organization with achieving market share, and gross profit goals.
* Analytical role to understand category/item/shopper trends
* Optimize BIC assortment
* Shelf planning
* Merchandising Solutions
* Promotional impact/design/layout
* Measure seasonality and its impact on the category
* Exploit trends through data and analytics
* Monitor Retail Pricing Activities within a specific class of trade
* Stay current on competitive activities in the marketplace
* Ability to make data driven decisions
* Prepare high level presentations to be shared both internally and externally.
* BA/BS Degree
* 3-5 years of Account Manager, Broker Manager, Category Manager experience
* Financial Acumen
* Makes decisions that influence P&L positively
* Understands financial scorecard and how what he/she does influences scorecard
* Customer Knowledge
* Plans activities around our brand in a calendar year with the customer
* Interacts with various levels in a customer organization to discuss opportunities and resolve issues
* Attends sales calls
* Shopper Knowledge
* Understands and influences ecommerce and digital sales
* Develops plans that intersect our brand with shopper segments
* Translates shopper trends
* Category Knowledge
* Determines category trends and shopper segments
* Develops portfolio recommendations and shelf sets
* Comprehends the similarities and differences of channels/retail environments
* Knowledge of competitor and BIC products
* Executes a comprehensive efficient assortment analysis
* Presentation Skills
* Defines the objective and desired outcome of a presentation
* Builds a presentation that is clear, concise and attractive
* Clearly articulates ideas
* Clearly articulates ideas in a written and verbal format
* Constantly communicates across network
* Tailors communication to audience and venues
* Actively listens to others
* Communicates issues in a timely manner
* Technical Acumen
* Maintains a current knowledge of digital and mobile platforms
* Uses available tools, software and resources (e.g. IRI, COGNOS, Prospace, JDE)
* Uses desktop applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Drug-Free Workplace.