Category Manager - Snacks
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Category Manager manages the business processes and product selection for assigned categories in order to satisfy the customer and maximize profitability.RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and implements goals and objectives, category strategies and strategic business plans for product categories in order to maximize sales and profit.
2. Develops and maintains vendor relationships; negotiates commitments and agreements with vendors to obtain products; negotiates prices, terms, transportation and methods of distribution to ensure company obtains appropriate price. Ensures procurement of merchandise meets company cost goals.
3. Ensures merchandise flow is coordinated with Inventory Management in order to manage inventory turns and to ensure service levels meet company objectives.
4. Analyzes category and vendor performance in order to identify issues and opportunities which assist in managing category profits and losses.
5. Works in conjunction with various cross-functional team members to attain corporate and strategic business unit and category objectives; ensures implementation of category business plans in order to maximize sales and profits.
6. Manages the development, implementation and administration of operational policies, programs and systems within functional area. Establishes methods and procedures for departmental work activities; identifies and resolves operational problems; and communicates expertise and approvals concerning departmental activities.
7. Works in conjunction with Inventory Management in developing distribution and display and promotional plans that meet corporate objectives and consumer needs. Ensures plans are consistent with strategic business plans and meet the monthly and annual category plans.
8. Monitors and maintains strategic direction for corporate brand products to promote company position in the market while adhering to category management process and strategic business plans.
9. Hires, orients, trains, evaluates, recommends pay increases and develops associates whose work is considered professional, administrative or clerical. When necessary, carries out disciplinary actions or recommends termination of employment.
10. Ensures unit and pricing integrity errors at store level are reduced through review of appropriate reports and information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent.
2. Minimum of five years experience in merchandising or a mix of merchange and merchandise planning experience.
3. Strong knowledge and understanding of the total buying process including analysis, buying, trends, taste levels, and response to the business.
4. Strong negotiation skills to aggressively close deals that positively affect bottom-line results.
5. Strong listening, interpersonal and communication skills for sending and receiving clear upward, downward, and horizontal messages.
6. Strong leadership, management, and administrative skills to generate improved bottom-line results through others.
7. Ability to conceptualize the direction of assigned categories and develop plans of action to achieve that direction.
8. Ability to work well with others as a team player, contributing expertise while respecting the contributions of others.
9. Ability to develop and implement fresh ideas to improve business results.EEO EMPLOYER