Category Specialist - Southeast
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Category Specialist Retailer (CS-R) is responsible for all the Category Management work relating to a Core Retailer(s) as selected by The Boston Beer Company (BBC). The main goal of the CS-R is to implement BBCs Category Management strategies to include all the execution and recapping of all Category Management work (validations, set building, merchandising recommendations & business analysis). Aside from the Core Account work, the CS-R will also be responsible for being the lead analyst within the Retailer specific databases (if available). The CS-R will also be responsible for development of retailer specific strategies that may require data analysis, wholesaler engagement, market visits and analysis and vertical call points within assigned retailers.
This preferred location for this role is the Southeast.
* Execute BBC Category Management Strategies with assigned retailers
* Make presentations to all vertical touch points that impact the category management process, including National & Regional buyers, as well as Category Captains & other influencers as needed.
* Assist with Selling and training wholesalers on BBC S.E.T philosophy
* Practice BBC selling process including establishing goals and selling story, anticipating objections, understanding the market and competitive data, and building IRI and other data into presentations, communicating their meaning to buyers.
* Build relationships with buyers and wholesaler chain managers in order to impact assigned retailers
* Understand buyer needs and sells vs. in a consultative fashion.
* Work with distributor space management teams to create real sets based on the BBC current space management (S.E.T) philosophy
* Evaluate and communicate recaps from Retailer validation meetings
* Create/Adapt retail selling materials to support the initiative.
* Help Category Management team develop the BBC Space Management philosophy annually.
* Must be able to execute all tasks on BBC JDA skills checklist, as well as meet BBC validation performance benchmarks for speed & efficiency.
* Travel within assigned retailer footprint as needed to implement BBC Category Management strategies.
* Where possible, use internal data system as a tool to help develop BBC Category Management Strategies and help answer BBC strategic questions.
* Inform BBC Category Management leadership of any strategic initiatives that are being executed within the industry.
* Make recommendations on how to improve execution within assigned retailers.
* Conduct periodic review on account list to evaluate current opportunities and coverage.
* Minimum of 4-6 years Consumer Package Sales or similar experience
* Must have experience building fact based insights and shelf schematics
* Must have experience building fact based planograms.
* Must be proficient on the use of JDA software, IRI data, Excel.
* Must be able to build shelf schematics using the BBC strategies and set goals for implementation
* Must be able to build sets using the BBC strategies and set goals for implementation.
* Must be comfortable presenting in small group and large group settings
* Adult alcohol industry strongly preferred.
* Previous National Account Management experiences a strong plus.
* Experience with Access, Gladson, Apollo, Nielsen, DunnHumby, and Spire.
* Category Management Association- CPCA certification or higher.
* Pivotpivot and/or knowledge of DAX programming language