Catering Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Generates catering revenue and meets budgetary goals through banquet and meeting revenues.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Responsible for the successful outcome of meetings, events and programs from pre-arrival through post-departure.
* Manages and executes the terms of the client contract for the meeting, event or program as outlined by the Director of Sales and Catering.
* Provides consultation/advice to clients on all aspects of lodge facilities and services when proposing and contracting groups and events. Issues formal proposals and contracts to group clients.
* Generates business from telemarketing, appointments, site visits, cold calls and general inquiries via email/phone. Uses peak hours to \\"sell\\" and the non-peak hours to do account maintenance tasks.
* Creates and manages groups in Opera S&C system. Assist with 30-60-90 day catering forecast that is prepared monthly.
* Responsible for catering revenue goals that make up overall revenue budget for lodge.
* Complete BEO's and Resumes for clients and departments to communicate specific needs and contracted/agreed details and pricing of client to departments.
* Conduct weekly BEO meetings to discuss in-house events with the Director of Food & Beverage, Banquet Manager, Banquet Chef and all relevant personnel. (optional based on property structure).
* Provide detailed information on groups' specific needs throughout the entire booking process from negotiation to contracting and pre-arrival to arrival and departure.
* Create Quarterly Action Plans and Annual WIGS Obtain guaranteed commitments for the number of people attending banquets, meetings and functions prior to the commencement of the event. (Optional based on property structure.)
* Represent the lodge in resolving complaints from groups and group attendees frequently, including but not limited to billing and reservations.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Two-year college degree and hotel, resort and/or theme park background a plus.
* Strong culinary and beverage knowledge and interest.
* Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with acute sense of detail.
* Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop and thrive in a team environment.
* Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products.
* Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to develop rapport with fellow team members and management and maintain strong working relationships.
* Problem solving skills, with the ability to track multiple tasks and issues, set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled