Catering Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONCATERING SERVICES MANAGER
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
* Solicitation of direct-selling in the local, Corporate Catering market.
* Event planning and detailing for booked events
* Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and minimize erosion of check averages from price-sensitive groups. Communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel departments.
* Communication with clients prior to events to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
* Creation of profitable menus and distribution of client expectations to Food & Beverage Departments.
* Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
* Physically double-check all function arrangements against specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
* Client contract and effective communication to ensure repeat bookings.
* Update and increase client prospects through active prospecting
* Maximize revenues for the hotel through up-selling techniques.
* Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* College degree preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year hotel sales/catering experience and/or successful completion of Omni LID program.
* Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
* Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
* Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
* Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
* Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
* Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
* The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: