Catering Truck Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/18/2016
Global Aviation Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONCatering Truck Maintenance Technician
As an individual or member of the aviation ground support equipment (GSE) team, you will ensure that quality work is done safely, reliably, timely and cost-effective. You will perform maintenance best practices while focusing on safety and customer service. Customer satisfaction, safety, keeping on budget and meeting productivity will be your main goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain / repair rear body, lifting system, platform and electro-hydraulic control mechanisms.
* Working on lift cylinders, emergency hand pumps, control valves,
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, diesel engines, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on Ford 700/800 trucks, International trucks and support vans and pickups.
* Diagnose electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, using computer diagnostics, but not always.
* Perform the sequence of operations to troubleshoot truck fleet in order to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, install and adjust many building components, automotive and fleet machinery, accessories, parts, etc.
* Uses complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment such as but not limited to, load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
* Planning and execution of complex maintenance assignments that may require your electrical, plumbing, welding and electronic systems skills and knowledge.
* You will work on a variety of GSE platforms. (i.e. jet engine starters, power supply units, lift platform box trucks, air cycle air conditioners)
* Keep informed on all technical changes related to fleet requirements through training and education.
* Complete all mandatory training.
* Minimum 3 years of proven knowledge and repair experience on medium-duty vehicles -
Ford/International and machine shop equipment.
* Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and
codes and instructions on the computer.
* Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Valid driver's license and driving record that meets company auto insurance compliance.
* Eligible to work in the United States.
* Must pass a 10-year background check and drug test.
* Must wear personal protective equipment such as goggles, face shield, gloves and work
apron, where required.
* Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
* ASE certified.
* Catering truck experience
* GSE experience.
* Must be able to lift 70 pounds on occasion and 25 to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
* Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
* Strength and manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools to do maintenance and repairs.
* Ability to stand for 6 to 8 hours.
* Ability to work in tight spaces
* Normal eyesight with or without correction.
* Work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field.
* Exposure to all kinds of weather conditions.
* Exposure to jet fumes and other vehicle/equipment emissions.
* Work with cleaning solvents, paint, paint thinners, and other hazardous products/chemicals.
* Exposure to moving parts and electrical current.
This is an hourly full or part time position. It maybe regular or temporary employment.
Schedule based on shop hours and shop needs. Willingness to accept weekend, night, holiday, emergency/on-call hours and additional shifts as assigned.
Shop Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
Medical Insurance with two plan options (Rx included)
Flex Spending Plan and HSA
Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Wellness/Fitness Benefit, Smoking Cessation Program
Vacation - Sick - Holiday (Two Floating) - Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FT MECHANICS
Tool Allowance - Bi-Weekly
Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance - Yearly
ASE Certification Pay Increase Program
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.