Cath Lab Unit Director 8/17/2016
Patient Care Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
This position is responsible for the operational performance of Cardiac Services in Beaumont, Tx. This position is accountable for supervising the delivery of high quality, cost effective care to patients. This position is also responsible for analyzing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and communicating processes and programs which enhance, strengthen and integrate the services comprising the service line. Responsible for participation in the development and implementation of the service line strategic business plans; and for creating an environment, which continuously supports improvement of operational, financial and clinical components.
KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leads and actively participates in the development of strategy related to cardiac services.
* Conducts and maintains a full evaluation of new cardiac services and technology makes recommendations for implementation prior to introduction of new technologies.
* Implements new strategies to grow inpatient and outpatient volume based on sound business plans.
* Ensures that the goals and objectives of the unit are met and are consistent with those of the hospital and region.
* Builds, supports, and maintains strong, supportive relationships with all Physicians involved or potentially involved in the service line.
* Coordinates Cardiology Section Meetings of the Medical Staff in conjunction with Physician Services and Quality Management.
* Responsible for budget and adherence to the financial plan including supply expense control and planning for short and long-term capital needs.
* Develops and implements a database to monitor activity levels, appropriate resource utilization and quality of care.
* Initiates an integration of policies, procedures and practices including excellent staff competency development and appropriate staffing and productivity across the campuses to ensure a consistent level of care regardless of location.
* Demonstrates an expertise in coding, billing and reimbursement, ensuring the Chargemaster is current and correct at all times.
* Facilitates the flow of information between individuals, departments, physicians and leadership to progress toward organizational goals and achieve timely solutions to problems.
* Develop departmental strategic plan to include documented associate participation.
* Maintain policies, procedures and regulatory agency standards in a timely manner: facility policies, TJC, Texas Department of Health, HCFA, other.
* Provide effective human resource management by: Insuring appropriate staff competencies (licensure, certification, orientation, and mandatory training continuing education), maintaining current job descriptions, and conducting timely performance evaluations to include associate feedback and performance improvement plans.
* Hold monthly department meetings to address: update associates on facility happenings and events, departmental issues, and demonstrate associate participation.
* Complete and turn in all requiredreports, financial information and data by the scheduled deadline regarding: budget materials, productivity statistics, and department meeting minutes.
* Department specific Joint Commission preparedness responsibility.
* Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities is a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
* Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
* A Bachelor's of Nursing, Business or other Life Sciences degree is required.
* A Master's degree in Business is strongly preferred.
* A minimum of five (5) years recent Cardiac Services administration/management is required.
* A strong clinical background is preferred.
* License/certification required in field of expertise.