This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For jobsites in Durham, NC and Charlotte, NC
The caulker's primary function is to perform structural and weatherseal caulking on framing, glass, granite, panels, etc. on projects. The caulker is directly responsible to the Caulking Superintendent, Foreman, and Job Superintendent for the proper discharge of his duties.
* Assist in material handling and storage of materials, i.e., carry materials to appropriate areas on the job in preparation for installation.
* Perform other general labor duties given by Superintendent and/or foreman.
* Assist in maintaining a clean job site.
* Pick up all tools, equipment and assist in maintaining a secure jobsite each day.
* Prepare to perform job related assignments promptly at designated start time.
* To perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order or priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. Those duties will from time to time be altered by the Job Superintendent to suit the needs of the company.
Importance Work Activity
83 Performing General Physical Activities Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
* Apply caulking and sealants
* Climb ladders and scaffolding
* Erect scaffold 38 Determine material or tool requirements for job tasks being performed.
33 Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards - Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
* Adheres to safety procedures
* Perform safety inspections in construction
High School Diploma or equivalency; completion of a three or four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in performance exterior fa ade is required. Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience. Trade Certification is a plus.
Pre-employment Drug Screen Test is required. Employer utilizes E-Verify.
6A only the highest level of skilled workers, generally requiring more than 4 years of apprenticeship training.
6B high skill level requiring 4 years or less apprenticeship training. This may include foremen.