This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Meggitt Defense Systems, Inc (Meggitt Baltimore, Inc.)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
A Cell Leader has thorough knowledge of all the products built within his/her value stream and whose communication, organization and commitment to quality make him/her an example for others to follow. The Cell Leader acts as a bridge aiding in the flow of information between co-workers and support personnel. The Cell Leader must be able to understand the company goals and must be committed to achieving them. Although this may vary and should be discussed with the respective supervisor, a Cell Leader should dedicate a minimum of 10 percent of his/her time to Cell Leader activity. This is a working Cell Leader with at least 80- 90% production activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support weekly planning and coordination of workload distribution in order to maintain a smooth and continuous movement of job and to minimize the number of past due orders.
* Cell Leader will lead cell DLA process as the SQDIP board owner responsible for keeping metric performance updated daily, tracking issues and problems and facilitating basic problem solving to determine root cause and correction action. Additionally Cell Leader will participate in next level DLA with value stream leaders.
* Escalation of issues/problems that cannot be resolved with cell team.
* Monitors the day to day activities in order to ensure that all jobs are completed as planned. In the events of delays that may affect the timely completion of the job, the Lead, in conjunction with his/her value stream manager, will decide on actions required in order to minimize the impact on customer service.
* Supports and facilitates the training of value stream employees in order to ensure a constant dissemination of skills and knowledge and continue to build capability in the team.
* Promotes a cohesive environment that encourages open and honest communication. Cell Leader must conscientiously weigh all factors, invites input, and promptly render conflict resolution where disagreements are brought to his/her attention.
* Provides the Value Stream Manager with feedback to co-worker s productivity and workmanship.
* Monitors raw materials consumption and in order to assist in the process of reducing variances.
* Promotes and utilizes MPS tools and methods, for example: Standard of Work, 6S, basic problem solving, etc
* Must be able to use good judgment.
* In cases where additional hours are required, and using guidelines provided by management, the Cell Leader will be expected to support the planning and communication of the need for overtime.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
* On-time delivery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School or Equivalent
Desired candidate has a minimum two (2) years of composite experience or equivalent experience as well as demonstrated proficiency in the cell area to be led.
Must be able to read and follow written and drawn instructions and be able to apply knowledge
Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Demonstrated basic leadership skills, i.e., work management, meeting leadership, problem identification, delegation and tolerance for stress.
Proficiency with Made2Manage, Shop Floor, Enovia, AS9100 quality requirements preferred.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States