This machine operator position involves learning to perform the operation and set-ups of primary (heading) and secondary manufacturing equipment under appropriate supervision. The operator will be responsible for learning the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow all safety rules.
* Maintain clean, orderly work area
* Operate machinery as needed, which will include emptying pans, inspecting/gaging parts, making minor mechanical adjustments.
* Where applicable, learn to perform minor machine set-ups; including, but not limited to, tooling changes and first piece inspection.
* Record data for SPC, TS16949 documentation.
* Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices.
* Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts.
* Performs all other duties as requested by Supervisor or Leadperson.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* High school diploma or GED.
* Ability to do basic math for blueprint reading, gaging, SPC.
* Ability to learn computer operation/data entry.
* Mechanical aptitude to learn machine operation skills and develop an understanding of the manufacturing process.
* Ability to identify basic equipment problems.
* Ability to visualize and understand the manufacturing process.
* Good communication and teamwork skills.
* Ability to legibly complete sign-offs and record data for TS16949.
* Must possess the ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and practices.
* Knowledge in TS16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.