This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
STANLEY Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements inthe automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within STANLEY Engineered Fastening's automotive division an opening is currently available for a Cell Set-Up Operator at our facility in Chesterfield, MI
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, sets up various sizes and types of cold forming and thread rolling machines to automatically shape and thread parts to blueprint specifications and set-up charts.
* Installs, thread rolling tooling and cold heading tooling in various machines.
* Sets up, installs and calibrates various support equipment.
* Computes feed length and progression, and establishes process parameters and sets monitoring equipment to insure processing parameters are maintained to produce quality parts.
* Reads measuring equipment such as shadowgraph, micrometers, calipers, thread roll graphs, and related equipment, and documents on appropriate paperwork.
* Performs minor tool modifications to include sharpening and adjustments to maintain integrity of parts.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Apply principles or rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
* Practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, logarithms, slide rule, practical algebra, geometric construction, and essentials of trigonometry.
* Hi-Lo experience
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.