Center and Program Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
This is a full-time 12-month term position. This position may require occasional evenings or weekends during special events.
To provide program coordination and general administration for the Center for Business, Government, & Society, ensuring programs are well-organized and run smoothly, increasing the Center s efficiency, and managing administrative needs.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Excellent administrative and organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and a keen attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to recognize, set, and meet high job performance standards.
* Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Products. Willingness to learn new programs and processes. * Good judgment, initiative, discretion.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of constituents and a commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
* Ability to represent the Center with students, faculty, executives, high-profile visitors and partners.
* Experience with conference and/or event planning and organization.
* Experience interacting with diverse stakeholders such as executives and students.
* Relevant professional work experience in business or higher education setting.
* High school diploma.
* Bachelor s degree in business, government, social science, economics, or related field preferred,or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Tuck Human Resources Coordinator
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Occasional evenings or weekends during special events.
This position is a 12-month term position with possible renewal in year 2
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Collaborates with Executive Director and Center staff in the design and planning of Center programs (e.g. CBGS Fellows program, Allwin Community Outreach Day, Tuck GIVES, Negotiating Ethics) and events (e.g. conferences and speaker series).
* Takes the lead in organizing, coordinating, and scheduling Center events and managing logistics (venue, food, sign up lists, information technology resources, etc.) across all Center programs, executing against program goals and ensuring quality service and experience. Maintains calendar of Center events, and communicates pertinent information.
* Supports the development and distribution of materials for Center programs, meetings, and events and the accessibility of information through information technology resources (including Canvas, TuckStreams, and Yammer).
* Participates in the Center s on-campus programs and events, collaborates with the Executive Director, Program Manager, and others to ensure successful delivery.
* Processes program applications; gathers survey data; prepares and sends follow-up correspondence, answers program-related questions.
* Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders for program planning, including, but not limited to, the MBA Program Office, Alumni Relations, TuckGO, other centers & offices at Tuck, and relevant Dartmouth departments.
* Serves as a contact for participants and student interface (including CBGS Fellows) to meet Center program goals. Fosters inclusiveness and diversity in all internal and external relations.
* Coordinates events and meetings for student leaders and student organizations affiliated with the Center and delivers student-led programs that support the Center s mission.
* Manages, plans, and coordinates the details of a complex daily calendar to ensure the most efficient use of Center staff time and management of student activities. Coordinates travel for Center staff and student fellows as needed.
* Prepares program budgets, expense reports; processes student awards, expense reports and Center financial activities; supports Executive Director, Program Manager, and others as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains digital records, correspondence, and other files to ensure accuracy and accessibility of information. Ensures contact lists are comprehensive and up-to-date
* Screens and reviews incoming phone, correspondence and email for prioritization and action by appropriate individuals; responds independently to routine inquiries. Drafts and proofreads memos and correspondence.
* Collects and consolidates statistical or research-related information for use in Center reports, publications, and donor communications, as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned.