Central Coding Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 20575-50200
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Directs and coordinates activities of employees engaged in coding by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate coordinators. Responsibilities include managing team to goals and objectives, continually reviewing operations and looking for process improvements, reporting operational results to the AVP and other Senior Management, interviewing, hiring, and training hourly employees; assigning, and managing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SUPERVISES: Central Services Coders
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Supervises coding staff and workflow including guidance and training for staff
* Provides performance feedback and conducts performance evaluations for staff
* Ensures adherence to HCA policies and procedures
* Provides performance counseling to staff if necessary
* Ensures appropriate staffing including monitoring of leave and usage of overtime
* Conducts quality analysis of coding staff including review of coding for accuracy
* Serves as a resource for physicians and other staff related to coding information
* Provides reports for analysis of trends/patterns
* Develops policies and procedures to ensure quality coding standard is met for the department.
* Manager may assist in preparation of annual departmental budgeting needs and analysis.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
* Monitor and Analyzes unit trend to determine changes that may cause a decrease in overall performance
* Work with outside vendors to improve overall performance
* Act as a resource on projects
Must be a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS-P), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) or AAPC's Certified Professional Coder (CPC ) credential
* 2+ years of health care revenue cycle management experience (physician practice experience preferred) 3+ years of physician coding and abstracting experience
* 3+ years supervisory experience required
* Thorough knowledge of coding practices and official guidelines, HCPCS, ICD-9 and CPT codes.
* Auditing skills for coding quality and compliance.
* Proficient in Excel, M/S Word and general PC applications.
* Strong Excel and Access skills preferred.
Last Edited: 08/29/2016