Central Finance Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 3/6/2017
The TE Central Finance Internship (Summer 2017) opportunity is designed to provide the participant with project-based work to develop the business, finance and accounting skills of the individual. During the internship, this position will be centered on the business processes supporting the financial close and the associated reporting performed by the Central Finance function of the U.S. Financial Shared Services Center. Responsibilities may include:
* Assistance with documentation of Lean Finance initiatives (TEOA-F)
* Providing support to corporate accounting, business unit, tax and audit functions, as needed
* Performing monthly analysis, including period-over-period reviews
* Assistance with reconciling general ledger accounts
* Supporting annual processes, which may include fixed asset audits and various banking/ Treasury related initiatives
* Assistance with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as needed
* Cross-functionally supporting other Finance/ Accounting teams, as business needs arise
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Requirements and Qualifications
* Working towards a Bachelor s Degree from a 4-year accredited university in business, finance, accounting or other related disciplines. Expected graduation between December 2017 and June 2018
* Highly self-motivated, able to multitask and team-oriented
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable asking questions
* High standard of integrity
* Customer service mindset
* Strong, creative problem solving and analytical skills
* Proficient with MS-Office products SAP background is a plus.
* Minimum GPA in major of 3.0