Centralized Scheduler - Call Center - 60025
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Centralized Scheduler (60025)
Ambulatory Operations-Scheduling Call Center
Supervisor & Manager
Education and Experience:
* High School or equivalent level of education required.
* Two years relevant of experience preferred or two years post high school education preferred in Health Care Administration, Medical Assistant or related field.
SUMMARY: Responsible for scheduling, canceling, rescheduling and registering of outpatient visits and procedures for multiple ambulatory clinics, by collecting all necessary information for schedule and registration preparation. The completions of the responsibilities listed are handled via phone in a call center setting with a high volume of daily calls with the patient and or referring physician office. Responsible for the completion of messages related to, but not limited to, medications and patient requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Schedules outpatients in accordance with scheduling guidelines, with the ability to prioritize according to patient needs.
* Answers phones from patients/customers professionally and responding to patient/customer inquiries and complaints.
* Schedules patients/customers based on scheduling guidelines and medical appropriateness
* Receives a high volume of inbound calls with varying degrees of questions or concerns
* Researches required information using accessible resources
* Handling and resolving patient/customer complaints
* Routing inbound calls to appropriate resources
* Obtaining and collecting all necessary information from the patient/customer to schedule and register the patient for an appointment
* Manages communication and coordination between the patient/customer and the providers/clinics
* Manages and escalate priority issues
* Identifies and communicates need for scheduling modifications and development.
* Communicates perceived problem issues to Scheduling Call Center Lead, and Supervisor.
* Notifying appropriate personnel of any scheduling change due to patient cancellation in a timely fashion.
* Attempts to optimize and increase efficiency of visit or procedure by recommending potential alternatives
* Ability to manage urgent calls in such a way that urgent situations related to the provision of patient care are handled in an appropriate manner
* Receives and responds to patient and staff needs and complaints appropriately within the realm of the patient care environment, involving department supervisors and patient representative as needed.
2. Consults with referring physician s office to ensure written and/or electronic orders exist and obtain them as needed
* Upon receiving the written or electronic order, verifies completeness.
* Documents instruction of written and or electronic order.
* Documents in patient s chart that the ordering physician has been instructed to send order-will be held responsible by department if not received
* Makes appropriate decision to instruct referring office to obtain authorization for the procedure or visit
* Defers patients or referring offices when needed due to lack of insurance authorization or out of network status, based on the insurance guidelines provided by Administration
3. Participates in on-going education activities to develop, maintain, and enhance professional expertise as monitored by supervision.
Performance and Standards of behavior for communication:
* Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
* Strive to answer all telephone calls within five rings, put callers on hold only with their permission, thank callers for waiting, and introduce a caller and describe the caller s needs when transferring the caller to a co-worker.
* Recognize, appreciate and acknowledge extraordinary efforts by my co-workers
* Seek positive solutions to the challenges of working in a high stress environment through respectful communication and active problem solving
* Respond to all patient communications in a timely manner
* Meets productivity standards set through call center specific applications that include but are not limited to; service levels based on response time to call, number of calls received, and abandoned calls throughout the day that are averaged per month
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Hearing (aid permitted) must be able to function without use of lip reading.
* Visual acuity (corrected) keen for both distant and near objects/individuals (i.e. ability to read small print)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working closely with others
Normal office setting with electrical equipment (i.e. telephone, personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc.)
Computer Software/Systems include but are not limited to:
Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong EPIC skills, including Cadence, Referrals and Prelude preferred
* Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology preferred
* Knowledge of third party payors and insurance preferred
* Requires critical thinking skills, analytical skills
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
* Requires strong communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
* Must be able to take appropriate action in a stressful environment
* Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies
* Motivation and drive for continuous development of self
* Cooperatively interacts with the health care team to support and contribute to the shared group goals
* Able to maintain patient/customer confidentiality