Centralized Scheduler II Cancer Infusion
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Scheduler II is responsible for scheduling and registering patients for multiple services, including but not limited to admissions, surgical procedures and diagnostic testing throughout the hospital, utilizing a computerized scheduling system and multiple software applications. The employee will have interactions with all levels of staff and management, physicians, patients and families to obtain information and properly schedule and register services. The employee will use independent judgement and clinical knowledge to adjust schedules and accommodate special requests from internal and external customers. The Scheduler II is considered a leadership position requiring the employee to work closely with management to meet the goals of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates mastery of enterprise wide scheduling process and software, and of registration process and software. Identifies and assigns correct medical record numbers. Obtains required data in order to support hospital clinical/financial needs.
2. Schedules and registers multiple services with multiple departments utilizing a computerized scheduling and registration systems, while balancing departmental resources, utilization requirements and addressing physician/patient requests or needs for 1300 patient visits per month.
3. Monitors and updates information regarding treatment, physician, insurance data, and authorizations; Maintains departmental registration/files; capable of entering orders for labs and procedures
4. Reconciles departmental responsibilities by preparing preliminary and final schedules for the unit. Uses established auditing procedures to process orders and registrations.
5. Contributes to a positive climate for interaction among patients, staff, and physicians.
6. Utilizes courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with patients, physicians/office personnel and various hospital personnel, while maintaining patient confidentiality. Appropriately utilizes ACD telephone system.
7. Inputs departmental charges timely and appropriately and reconciles inputs to PHS.
8. Demonstrates responsibility for working toward process improvement in patient access, registration, and scheduling procedures.
9. Works in leadership role with Coordinator and management staff.
10. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement. 8) Demonstrates components of the ICARE values statement and complies with Business Practice standards for performance 9) Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards 10) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
11) Performs all other job-related duties as assigned (blood pick up/ drop off, filling in at registration desk, Servicing the waiting area as needed).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: At least 2 years experience in a medical setting or call center environment. 2 or more years of direct scheduling experience is preferred. Basic personal computer skills required. Ability to navigate Windows environment and have general knowledge of keyboard required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
WORKING : Normal office conditions. Professional attire with TMH badge. May be required to work off shifts (such as 11a-7p, 3-11, 11p-7a, 7a-7p, 7p-7a), weekends, holidays and overtime as needed by the department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.