Centralized Underwriting Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
The Washington Trust Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Centralized Underwriting Specialist
Washington Trust is a special place because of our people. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered will achieve personal and professional goals. We hire the best people in the business and are always looking for professionals who will uphold our core values of Quality, Integrity and Community.
We are currently looking for a CENTRALIZED UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST to utilize credit knowledge and understanding of credit reporting, underwriting policy, and procedure to perform the Centralized Underwriting function and support our Centralized Underwriting group located in Warwick, RI.
A day in the life of a Centralized Underwriting Specialist could include:
* Ordering title work, appraisals and environmental reports on real estate.
* Preparing closing document packages with accuracy and coordinating closings with SBL s to maintain acceptable customer service levels.
* Preparation and analysis of monthly reporting packages for the Centralized Underwriting department to include:
Loans closed new and existing
Loans that are paid off
Loans credit scored
Loans closed using internal documents
Regulation B reporting
Maturing loans report
* Preparing other reports that may be necessary for management to assess the overall efficiency of the Centralized Underwriting Department.
* Preparing templates required for the approval of maturity extensions and new credit approvals.
* Working with Small Business and C&I Lenders to underwrite and credit score existing customers.
You could be a great fit if you:
* Possess a BS/BA degree.
* Have been credit trained or are willing to enroll and complete credit training.
* Possess a strong attention to detail.
* Have proficient technical skills and experience. A Microsoft Office Specialist designation is preferred. Demonstrated proficient Microsoft office skills with an emphasis on Excel and Internet navigation is required to perform this position.
* Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and welfare benefits, paid time-off, work-life program, and a 401(k) plan. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered, will achieve personal and professional growth. Apply today and find out why we were voted one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island since 2011!
The Washington Trust Company, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We seek to provide an environment of equal employment opportunity and advancement to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. CLICK HERE to view EEO is the law poster . For additional information, please CLICK HERE for EEO supplement poster.
Visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view "EEO is the law poster". For additional information, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for EEO supplement poster.