Certification Project Manager (Job #1066)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Manage assigned engineering/certification projects associated with preparing data packages for supplemental type certificates (STC). Review, identify and advise on certification issues associated with STC packages to include proper compliance with stated procedures and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Support the Manager of Certification and Compliance in submitting STC data packages to the FAA.
2. Comply with FAA regulatory procedures in preparation and submission of STC data packages.
3. Act as a liaison to the FAA regarding STC submission and approvals.
4. Partner with Engineers in advance of preparing the STC data package to ensure the work is completed correctly from the start and to identify/prevent potential problems before they develop.
5. Assist in the resolution of any STC issues.
6. Remain knowledgeable in all applicable FAA regulations and processes.
7. Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
8. Support the Certification Manager with other projects.
9. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Bachelor's degree in engineering or aviation management.
3. 3+ years experience working with the preparation, approval and submittal of certification and/or STC data packages in a corporate jet completions center.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Possess valid US Passport and be willing to travel as needed when requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the FAA and other FAR regulations related to the STC process.
2. Must demonstrate a sound understanding of how to engineer various aspects associated with a corporate jet completion.
3. Must be able to read blueprints.
4. Possess a high level attention to detail and time management skills.
5. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference guides and other resources.
6. Strong knowledge of MS Office software and drafting software.
7. Ability to communicate openly, proactively and effectively.
The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The location where this position works is in an aircraft hangar/office environment which may be subject to weather changes, constant exposure to loud noise, potential contact with hazardous waste material and other safety hazards such as aircraft, steps, interior components: divans, chairs, other cabinets etc.