Certification Project Manager - MRO (Job #1477)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Manage with light oversight assigned engineering/certification projects associated with preparing data packages for supplemental type certificates (STC) and Major Alterations. Review, identify and advise on certification issues associated with assigned projects to include proper compliance with stated procedures and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop Project Certification Plans and Compliance Listings for STC projects.
2. Coordinate and oversee certification aspects of major alteration projects for our Part 145 MRO division.
3. Support the Certification Team and/or the Manager of Certification and Compliance in submitting STC data packages to the FAA.
4. Comply with FAA regulatory procedures in preparation and submission of STC data packages.
5. Act as a liaison to the FAA regarding STC submission and approvals.
6. Partner with Engineers, DER's, ODA, or DOA as required in advance of preparing the STC data package to ensure the work is completed correctly from the start and to identify/prevent potential problems before they develop.
7. Assist in the resolution of regulatory questions.
8. Remain knowledgeable in all applicable FAA regulations and processes.
9. Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
10. Support the Manager of Certification and Compliance with other projects.
11. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion requirements.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Aerospace Engineering, Preferred.
2. 3+ years' experience working with the preparation, evaluation, and submittal of certification and/or STC data packages in the aircraft completions industry working with business or private aircraft or equivalent.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
4. Possess (or will obtain) and maintain a valid US Passport. Must be willing to travel as needed when requested.
5. Understands MRO environment with respect to performing and documenting alterations.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the FAA procedures related to the STC process.
3. Understands approval process of major and minor alterations and repairs,
4. Demonstrates an understanding of engineering aspects associated with aircraft completion design for business or private aircraft.
5. Possess a high level attention to detail and time management skills.
6. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference guides and other resources.
7. Knowledge of Autocad and Microsoft Visio software, Preferred.
8. Ability to communicate openly, proactively and effectively.
9. Strong communication, reasoning/analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to work in a team environment. Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times.