Certified Firefighter - EMT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
East Alton, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
CERTIFIED FIREFIGHTER - EMT
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Universal Protection Service is looking for part-time or full-time Certified Firefighter-EMTs. A Captain and 2 Firefighter-EMTs per shift will be supplied by the Contractor on a 24/7 basis (504 hours weekly) to provide firefighting and security at Olin Brass in East Alton, IL.
Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid Illinois Class B driver\'s license. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
Firefighter-EMT responsibilities will include duties associated with the plant security and access control program consisting of personnel pass clearance and issuance; mobile and foot patrol; access control of employees, contractors, visitors, and vehicles entering and exiting the plant; control of material being brought onto and removed from the property; enforcement of the Plant Rules and Regulations; enforcement of the Plant Safety Program; investigation of vehicle accidents, property thefts, loss related incidents and other abnormal or unusual conditions, completion of all accident, fire, EMS, hazmat, and security related reports and logs and any other reasonable related security tasks.
Additional responsibilities of the Firefighter-EMT (FF-EMT) position will include, but not limited to, the following:
* FF-EMTs will be responsible for the response to all hazardous material incidents as well as rescue situations involving but not limited to confined space incidents, aerial or high angle incidents, vehicle entrapment, and equipment entrapment.
* FF-EMTs will be responsible for the response to all medical emergencies and provide medical care within the plant.
* FF-EMTs will be responsible for the response to all fire prevention and suppression activities of whatever kind or nature relating to structures, buildings, and other assets located on the plant property.
* FF-EMTs will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of the fire detection, suppression, and transmission systems on the plant property including system operation, system deactivation, and system restoration.
* FF-EMTs will be responsible for the completion of various duties. These duties will include but not be limited to:
* the pickup and delivery of plant fire extinguishers;
* refilling SCBA bottles;
* sprinkler system inspections and testing;
* CO2 extinguishing system inspections;
* fire alarm system testing;
* hydrant testing;
* fire department connection inspections;
* complete all fire, fire maintenance and fire system related reports associated with their work duties.
* use gas meters to detect atmospheric conditions
* issue fire permits and confined space permits to contractors
Qualified applicants for the Firefighter-EMT position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* Must be able to pass required fit test and physical exam.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid Illinois Class B driver\'s license. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must have current certification as Firefighter II or Firefighter Basic (State of Illinois).
* Must obtain certification at the HazMat Technician Level (OSHA) and qualify in confined space and high angle rescue operations (provided once hired).
* Must maintain Emergency Medical Technician-Basic license. Continuous Education Units will be provided once hired.
* Must have a clean criminal record.
* Ability to successfully pass a drug screen/background check.
* Ability to wear personal protective equipment weighing approximately 70 pounds in extreme weather situations and rely on self-contained breathing apparatus for respiratory ventilation.
* Ability to move heavy objects (up to 185 pounds or more) including 5 fire hoses, EMS equipment, salvage equipment, and ventilation equipment
* Ability to position and climb ladders while in firefighter gear to gain access to upper levels.
* Ability to use radio communications and basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Prior military, law enforcement, and experienced firefighter personnel preferred.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days