Certified Hyperbaric Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
JOB SUMMARY: The Wound Care Tech demonstrates basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate appropriately and carry out delegated tasks for age specific populations. He/she performs delegated patient care tasks under the supervision of a licensed nurse. He/she records data established by policy and procedure, and reports observations and patient problems to the licensed nurse. The Wound Care Tech is responsible for assigned non-nursing functions. The Wound Care Tech practices in concert with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care to patients assigned within departmental specific defined limits. Maintains patient cleanliness, comfort and safety.
2. Provides constant monitoring of patients undergoing hyperbaric therapy with the technician always in service range. Reports any adverse events immediately to the physician/nurse so that a quick response of the situation can be managed.
3. Ensure patient education and consent forms are accurate and signed prior to any hyperbaric treatment. The treatment depth will be determined by the physician based on the patient diagnosis.
4. Ensures Hyperbaric therapy records will be accurate, complete, and recorded in the patient EMR in a timely manner.
5. The technician will assist with the initial rooming of the patient at which time, vital signs will be assessed and documented in the EMR, may perform other diagnostic testing such as ABI, dressing materials removed and disposed in a proper manner, preliminary wound cleansing done, and patient positioned for optimal wound assessment and evaluation.
6. The technician will remove compression devices and properly dispose of them, record lower extremity assessment into the patient EMR, and after evaluation by the physician/nurse team the compression device may be re-applied by the technician.
7. Each room will be cleaned and readied for the next occupant ensuring that all equipment and furnishings are cleansed according to policy and procedure. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
8. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies as established in the Wound Care Clinic.
9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE Values Statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
10. Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED is required; must be at least 18 years of age
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Previous wound care and hyperbarics experience required. Must have a working knowledge of policies and procedures as it relates to Hyperbaric Medicine and must be able to perform TCPo2 testing accurately and effectively, and report results to physician/nurse directing the care of the patient.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Current Certified Hyperbaric Tech (CHT) certification is required. Must also have possess current American Heart Association Basic Cardic Life Support (BCLS) "Healthcare Provider" CPR.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Must be able to write and speak effectively in English
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.