Certified Industrial Hygienist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLouis Berger, U.S., one of the world's leading engineering, environmental consulting and economic development firms, is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (CIH), or experienced INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (IH) qualified for sitting for and passing the CIH examination within one (1) year of employment, to be added to their Exton, PA operations and key client account program.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
* A minimum of 6 to 10 years of relevant general occupational safety and health/industrial hygiene experience.
* Experience in dealing with the performance of industrial hygiene (IH) surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and noise assessments; asbestos-containing building material (ACBM), lead-based paint (LBP), and mold surveys and investigations; asbestos abatement oversight; asbestos fiber release assessments; environmental, health and safety (EH and/or medical monitoring program oversight is preferred.
* A strong background and experience in ACBM/LBP/Mold abatement and project monitoring oversight and management of field operations is a must for this position.
* Experience conducting post-disaster facility assessments as they relate to potential environmental impacts associated with the disaster event is a plus. Strong oral/written communication abilities, proposal writing and cost estimating as well as technical report writing experience required.
* The ideal candidate will additionally have a working understanding of our key client, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), or similar union work force environments in terms of the performance and management of industrial hygiene, ACBM/LBP and other health and safety, and emergency response and preparedness projects. Responsibilities will include working directly with Louis Berger's National Operations Manager and Louis Berger's lead CIH for the USPS client. Therefore it is a plus for a candidate, who is familiar with USPS or similar client protocols and procedures as they relate to industrial hygiene projects, contracts, proposal and report writing, technical quality assurance and quality control, and training.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science or equivalent; relevant master's degree preferred;
* Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification is required or the ability to obtain the CIH certification within 12 months of employment;
* Previous asbestos and lead inspector and project monitor/planner licenses with current maintenance is preferred, NIOSH 582/582E trained Phase Contrast Microscopy analyst a plus, but not required;
* 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification a must;
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus, but not required.